noun (plural granulomas or granulomata /-mətə/)Medicine
- A mass of granulation tissue, typically produced in response to infection, inflammation, or the presence of a foreign substance.More example sentences
- A punch biopsy of the lesion showed tuberculous granulomas within the epiglottic tissue.
- Cat-scratch disease will also produce granulomatous inflammation, but the granulomas are suppurative in nature.
- These nodules are frequently found in cases of tuberculous meningitis and represent caseating granulomas typical of tuberculosis.
- More example sentences
- One patient had rheumatoid arthritis with granulomatous meningitis, which was thought to be noninfectious.
- The differential diagnosis includes lymphoma, granulomatous infections, benign vascular tumors, and metastatic cancer.
- Donovonosis can result in ulcerative, granulomatous, or hypertrophic lesions.
More definitions of granulomaDefinition of granuloma in:
- The British & World English dictionary