- A fullerene consisting of bonded carbon atoms in sheet form one atom thick.More example sentences
- Graphite has a crystal structure consisting of many one-atom-thick carbon sheets known as graphene.
- Carbon nanotubes are rolled up sheets of graphene just a few nanometres in diameter that can behave as either metals or semiconductors depending on their atomic arrangement.
- The electronic properties of a carbon nanotube, for example, depend on its chirality, which, in turn, depends on the direction in which the graphene sheet has been rolled up to form the nanotube.
More definitions of grapheneDefinition of graphene in:
- The British & World English dictionary