Definition of graphics in English:
plural noun[usually treated as singular]
1The products of the graphic arts, especially commercial design or illustration.
- You will learn about writing and graphics and photographs and design, and why one type face is preferable to another and why this Web site is superior to that.
- He won an award at school when he was six and he really wants to go into design or graphics and cartoons.
- Glaser designed all of their graphics and posters for the year 2000.
2The use of diagrams in calculation and design.
- This visual language was based on a combination of charts, graphics, diagrams, maps.
- Superb design, excellent graphics and jargon-free text elucidate the details of this fascinating and controversial medical phenomenon.
- There are machines that design the page with graphics and photographs.
3 (also computer graphics) [treated as plural] Visual images produced by computer processing.
- This is RAM that is dedicated to handling the visuals and graphics on your notebook computer.
- The site itself will contain about 10-15 pages of HTML with a total of maybe 5MB of graphics and images.
- To increase the loading speed of your main page you should avoid large graphics or excessive graphics.
3.1 [treated as singular] The use of computers linked to display screens to generate and manipulate visual images.
- The font, the graphics, the screen capture images are top-notch publishing and desktop publishing reference works of art.
- Always resize your image in your graphics software before you insert it onto your web page.
- Computer games are an intricate blend of immersive graphics and creative gameplay programming.
Definition of graphics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan