- A large Chinese freshwater fish, farmed for food in Southeast Asia and introduced elsewhere to control the growth of vegetation in waterways.
More example sentences
- Ctenopharyngodon idella, family Cyprinidae
- Though still on experimental level, we are introducing fast growing grass carp, a weed-eating fish, into the lake.
- Silver carp and tilapia fed on the phytoplankton; the grass carp, wuchang fish and common carp ate green fodder.
- As with all coarse fish, grass carp begin feeding upon invertebrates before moving on to a wider diet including soft plants.
More definitions of grass carpDefinition of grass carp in:
- The British & World English dictionary