(also grass parakeet)
Definition of grass parrot in English:
A small parrot frequenting grassy country.
- Family Psittacidae: several genera, in particular Psephotus and Neophema
- The budgerigar, cockatiel, kakariki, princess parrot, regent, king parrot, grass parrot and smaller lorikeets make delightful pet birds, all capable of talking.
- Turquoisine Grass Parrot usually likes to live at the edges of woodlands besides the open grass pasturelands.
- The Orange-bellied Parrot is a small 'grass parrot' of coastal south-eastern Australia.
Definition of grass parrot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia