Definition of grass ski in English:
Each of a pair of short skis with rollers on the bottom, for going down grass-covered slopes.
- They also ran a grass ski club, managed a Club in Lesotho and both instructed for the Red Devil ski school in Austria.
- I was there in the summer and there were some downhill skiers training on grass skis so I asked if I could have a go.
- However, grass skis are designed to function on grass, not on snow.
grass skiing noun
- Example sentences
- ‘At a typical camp we will take the children sailing, swimming and canoeing, do some archery and grass skiing, and cool our heels with a disco in the evening,’ said Carroll.
- Activities are conducted by trained instructors and include canoeing, sailing, grass skiing, archery, bike safety, snorkelling, swimming, craft, abseiling, beach activities and various games.
- The grass skiing was a real team event with the shouts of left-right, left right, sounding like an army drill.
Definition of grass ski in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan