Definition of grass snake in English:
1A common harmless Eurasian snake that typically has a yellowish band around the neck and is often found in or near water.
- Natrix natrix, family Colubridae
- Adders are one of three species of snake which can be found in the British Isles, the others being the smooth snake and the grass snake.
- A few years ago in the Midlands of England, I witnessed a crowd gathered around a grass snake in a meadow near a footpath.
- But experts say the serpent is more likely to be a harmless grass snake.
Definition of grass snake in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan