Definition of grasshopper in English:
A plant-eating insect with long hind legs that are used for jumping and for producing a chirping sound. It frequents grassy places and low vegetation.
- Family Acrididae, order Orthoptera: many genera
- A woodchat's prey is mainly insects, beetles, damsel flies, dragonflies, grasshoppers, wasps and bees.
- Aphids, grasshoppers, and gall wasps appear in the Cretaceous, as well as termites and ants in the later part of this period.
- Even wild insects such as roasted grasshoppers, flying termites, and caterpillar skins are enjoyed as snacks.
Definition of grasshopper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.