- A dish with a light browned crust of breadcrumbs or melted cheese.More example sentences
- Lightly butter an ovenproof gratin dish and arrange the chicory halves cut-side down in a single layer.
- Pour the onion and tomato mixture over the eggs in the gratin dish and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Drain and place the cauliflower in the gratin dish.
French, from gratter, earlier grater 'to grate'.
More definitions of gratinDefinition of gratin in:
- The British & World English dictionary