- A work shift that runs through the early morning hours, typically covering the period between midnight and 8 a.m..More example sentences
- For instance, the legislation does not state that children cannot work early morning shifts, during school hours, or the graveyard shift.
- The reason I'm writing this at 4 in the morning is because I'm working a graveyard shift this week.
- He could have died if I wasn't working the graveyard shift this morning.
More definitions of graveyard shiftDefinition of graveyard shift in:
- The British & World English dictionary