Definition of gravimetric in English:
1Of or relating to the measurement of weight.
- The average water content of the bone specimens, measured using gravimetric methods is in the normal range for cortical bone.
- The two chief classes of quantitative analysis, gravimetric and volumetric, were developed in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- All four requirements can be tested by simple gravimetric measurement or by inspection, and all four include quantitative limits.
1.1Of or relating to the measurement of gravity.
- The pressure and volumetric tests are suitable for field use, but the gravimetric test is best done in the lab.
- Analysis of silica content was completed by the gravimetric method.
- Particle size analysis was performed using the gravimetric method.
Definition of gravimetric in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan