A supply system making use of gravity to maintain the flow of material.
More example sentences
- Seepage of groundwater into the shaft from the shaft penetrations is currently collected by a system of gravity feed lines into sumps and tanks at mine level and subsequently pumped to the ground surface for disposal.
- Fluid can be supplied to the applicator by pump, pressure tank, or gravity feed.
- The house had to be lifted to accommodate a gravity feed for a sewer hookup from the basement.
- More example sentences
- This is the largest gravity-fed and unfiltered water supply system in the world.
- The units use less water and provide a cleaner flush than most gravity-fed models.
- Villagers claim the problem only came about after their water supply was altered last year from a gravity-fed reservoir on Campden Hill to an electric pumping station.
Definition of gravity feed in:
- The British & World English dictionary