- A Scandinavian dish of dry-cured salmon marinated in herbs.More example sentences
- In the end, I went for the fish plate of smoked salmon, prawns, gravadlax, rollmop herrings and smoked mackerel for €14.95, which was served with more tasty bread.
- Who, for instance, would devote four days to making ‘Salmon gravlax and cheddar terrine with beurre blanc sauce’ for 48 people?
- This stunningly beautiful restaurant features modern Scandinavian cuisine and specialties such as gravlax, herring and caviar.
Swedish, from grav 'trench' + lax 'salmon' (from the former practice of burying the salmon in salt in a hole in the ground).
More definitions of gravlaxDefinition of gravlax in:
- The British & World English dictionary