A goose of a group distinguished by having mainly gray plumage.
- Genus Anser, family Anatidae: several species, e.g., graylag and white-fronted geese
More example sentences
- The Norwegian government wants to start puncturing the unhatched eggs of Canadian and grey geese to control the geese population.
- Many birds, including grey geese, swans and terns were about, especially on an island in one of the lakes.
- Catch the end of the winter migrants, the grey geese and whooper swans, as well as the early arrivals such as wheatear and willow warbler and hopefully the ospreys.
Definition of gray goose in:
- The British & World English dictionary