Definition of gray jay in English:
A fluffy, long-tailed jay with dark gray upper parts and a whitish face, found in Canada and the northwestern US.
- Perisoreus canadensis, family Corvidae
- The gray jay makes a series of whistling sounds of ‘wheeoo’ or ‘wheee-ah.’
- Many campgrounds support a flock of habituated gray jays, as campers readily feed the birds.
- At the lake we fed the grey jays, which sat on our skis and even ate out of Paul's hand.
Definition of gray jay in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India