- An aunt of one’s father or mother.More example sentences
- I'm not just saying this for effect: my mother corrected me recently when I spoke of her aunt, my great-aunt, in the present tense.
- Where you usually have a nuclear family living together and nobody else, we will often have not just a nuclear family but cousins, aunts, great-aunts, uncles. The extended family lives together, tightly knit.
- And when you think back to your aunts and your great-aunts and the story of your family, can you remember stories of men who had intellectual disability?
More definitions of great-auntDefinition of great-aunt in:
- The British & World English dictionary