- 1A distinction regarded as significant and very difficult to ignore or overcome: the great divide between workers and managementMore example sentences
- There's been a lot of talk in the last years about the impact of globalization and technology, and the great divide, digitally, in the world.
- The pattern of support remains consistent, even allowing for distinctions along the great divide of politics.
- In a society where we currently have great divides on cultural issues, its a bit hard to justify science as a cultural imperative.
- 1.1The boundary between life and death: she is still on the human side of the great divideMore example sentences
- Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
- Harry was in his home when he gathered himself up to cross the great divide. He was a very dear friend of mine. And I will miss him so.
- He was among the last of those old pioneers to cross the great divide. He died in Ontario on May 9, 1946, at the age of 81.
More definitions of Great DivideDefinition of great divide in:
- The British & World English dictionary