Definition of great horned owl in English:
A large owl found throughout North and South America, with hornlike ear tufts.
- Bubo virginianus, family Strigidae
- Most great horned owls are brown and white which helps when hiding in trees and branches.
- The great horned owl is probably best known for the large tufts of feathers on its head that look like horns.
- The great horned owl likes open areas the best or sometimes nesting areas close to the edge of the forest.
Definition of great horned owl in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan