A large owl found throughout North and South America, with hornlike ear tufts.
- Bubo virginianus, family Strigidae
More example sentences
- Most great horned owls are brown and white which helps when hiding in trees and branches.
- The great horned owl is probably best known for the large tufts of feathers on its head that look like horns.
- The great horned owl likes open areas the best or sometimes nesting areas close to the edge of the forest.
Definition of great horned owl in:
- The British & World English dictionary