Definition of green monkey in English:
A common African guenon with greenish-brown upper parts and a black face. Compare with grivet and vervet.
- Cercopithecus aethiops, family Cercopithecidae, in particular the race C. a. sabaeus of West Africa, which is often tamed
- Savanna monkeys, or African green monkeys (Cercopithecus aethiops or Chlorocebus aethiops), are the most widely distributed nonhuman primates in Africa.
- Genetic tests indicate that the viruses came from chimpanzees, baboons, and an African green monkey.
- Researchers tested their SARS vaccine on four African green monkeys, with another four in the control group.
Definition of green monkey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.