Definition of green pigeon in English:
A fruit-eating pigeon with mainly green plumage occurring in the Old World tropics.
- Genus Treron, family Columbidae: many species. See also fruit pigeon
- Soon enough, there was some commotion among the birders as Nilo pointed out a flock of green pigeons.
- The green pigeons are endemic to the Andaman islands.
- Of the game birds, the species such as ducks, teals, sand grouses, quails, green pigeons, black-bucks etc. are commonly found in the district.
Definition of green pigeon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.