Definition of green pigeon in English:
A fruit-eating pigeon with mainly green plumage occurring in the Old World tropics.
- Genus Treron, family Columbidae: many species. See also fruit pigeon
- Soon enough, there was some commotion among the birders as Nilo pointed out a flock of green pigeons.
- The green pigeons are endemic to the Andaman islands.
- Of the game birds, the species such as ducks, teals, sand grouses, quails, green pigeons, black-bucks etc. are commonly found in the district.
Definition of green pigeon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan