- A large increase in crop production in developing countries achieved by the use of fertilizers, pesticides, and high-yield crop varieties.More example sentences
- Just at that point, an Asian green revolution introduced high-yield varieties of rice, wheat and other staple foods to millions of farmers.
- GM food has the potential to bring with it the largest change in food production since the green revolution of the 1960s.
- Before the green revolution in the 1960s, everyone farmed organically, and there are still a fair amount of farmers who don't use chemicals simply because they can't afford them.
More definitions of green revolutionDefinition of green revolution in:
- The British & World English dictionary