noun (plural same or greenflies)
- A green aphid that is a common pest of crops and garden plants.
More example sentences
- Several species in the family Aphididae
- Natural enemies of greenflies are ladybird larvae, hoverfly larvae, gall-fly larvae, lacewings and earwigs.
- For safe and effective control of greenfly a range of products can be used.
- Ladybirds are well known predators of greenflies and other aphids.
More definitions of greenflyDefinition of greenfly in:
- The British & World English dictionary