- 1A South American evergreen tree of the laurel family, yielding hard greenish timber that is used for marine work because of its resistance to marine borers.
More example sentences
- Ocotea rodiaei, family Lauraceae
- Wax-mirtles, heathers, laurels, ebonies, southern olives, greenhearts or hollies (llex canariensis) are some of the most distinctive trees in this ecological jewel.
- 1.1The timber of the greenheart, or similar timber from various other tropical trees.More example sentences
- These include cement, recycled plastics, and tropical hardwoods, such as greenheart, that are more resistant to shipworms than other woods are.
- To replace the ladder mechanism we had to source a very dense wood called greenheart from the Amazon.
- On the outboard end of things, if the dock pilings have been in the water for more than, say, ten years and are anything other than greenheart, you might want to make a mental note that they may let go.
More definitions of greenheartDefinition of greenheart in:
- The British & World English dictionary