Definition of greenshank in English:
A large sandpiper with long, greenish legs and gray plumage, breeding in northern Eurasia and North America.
- Genus Tringa, family Scolopacidae: two species, in particular T. nebularia
- Spotted redshank share their forest-marsh nesting grounds with wood sandpipers, greenshank, whimbrel, jack snipe and broad-billed sandpipers.
- An even bigger threat from the proposed wind farm is potential damage to the peatland breeding habitat of wading birds like greenshank, dunlin, and golden plover.
- View the pools and lagoons to see migrant waders like greenshanks and spotted redshanks.
Words that rhyme with greenshanksheepshank
Definition of greenshank in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan