Definition of greenshank in English:
A large sandpiper with long, greenish legs and gray plumage, breeding in northern Eurasia and North America.
- Genus Tringa, family Scolopacidae: two species, in particular T. nebularia
- Spotted redshank share their forest-marsh nesting grounds with wood sandpipers, greenshank, whimbrel, jack snipe and broad-billed sandpipers.
- An even bigger threat from the proposed wind farm is potential damage to the peatland breeding habitat of wading birds like greenshank, dunlin, and golden plover.
- View the pools and lagoons to see migrant waders like greenshanks and spotted redshanks.
Definition of greenshank in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.