- A kind of meat stew usually made with beef steak, typical of French regional and Cajun cooking.More example sentences
- A speciality of Louisiana is ‘grillade and grits’, beef or veal braised with seasonings and served with buttered grits.
- Cover Dutch oven and allow grillades to cook slowly for approximately 45 minutes.
- One of the things I find most interesting about grillades is that it's one of those dishes that has a place on all rungs of the social ladder.
mid 17th century: French, literally 'something grilled'.
More definitions of grilladeDefinition of grillade in:
- The British & World English dictionary