Definition of grinder in English:
1A machine used for grinding something: a coffee grinder
More example sentences
- Hand grinders or spice mills range from $15 to $60 and can be purchased at most culinary stores.
- The company recently unveiled a state-of-the-art assembly plant in which to assemble stainless steel pumps, grinders and other major equipment.
- Tip them into an electric grinder - or use a mortar and pestle - and grind until coarse.
1.1A person employed to grind cutlery, tools, or cereals.
- But one day on the job as a tool grinder in January 1993 he suffered an aneurysm.
- The craft based nature of this industry, which relied upon quasi-autonomous cutlers and grinders to complete ‘put-out’ work, is reflected in the often humble physical form of the buildings that were used.
- He now considered more complex systems and employed Christopher Tooke as a lens grinder from early 1605.
3US informal another term for submarine sandwich.
- Is it a sub, a hero, a hoagie, a grinder, a foot-long or a po'boy?
- A huge, mouthwatering grinder stared back at me, adorned with lettuce and tomato and pickles and everything else I loved.
- Choose from one of our delicious grinder sandwiches.
Definition of grinder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India