Definition of grison in English:
A weasellike mammal with dark fur and a white stripe across the forehead, found in Central and South America.
- Genus Galictis, family Mustelidae: two species
- The lesser grison is native to regions of central and southern South America.
- The grison hunts both night and day, and is often seen in small groups.
- The tayra is larger than the grison, and while the grison lives on the ground in more open country, the tayra is a forest animal and lives in trees.
Late 18th century: from French, from gris 'gray'.
Words that rhyme with grisonarisen, imprison, mizzen, prison, risen, uprisen
Definition of grison in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.