Definition of grison in English:
A weasellike mammal with dark fur and a white stripe across the forehead, found in Central and South America.
- Genus Galictis, family Mustelidae: two species
- The lesser grison is native to regions of central and southern South America.
- The grison hunts both night and day, and is often seen in small groups.
- The tayra is larger than the grison, and while the grison lives on the ground in more open country, the tayra is a forest animal and lives in trees.
late 18th century: from French, from gris 'gray'.
Definition of grison in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan