- Hulled or crushed grain, especially oats.More example sentences
- Sprinkling the starter diet or a small quantity of oat groats on the mat close to the feeder allows the pigs to become acquainted with the feeder.
- She alternates amaranth, brown rice, buckwheat groats, kamut, and millet.
- Soba may be the ultimate Japanese noodle: moistly crunchy groats temporarily transformed, as if by magic, into pasta; fragile, earthy strands of buckwheat that cohere just long enough to travel on chopsticks to your mouth.
More definitions of groatsDefinition of groats in:
- The British & World English dictionary