Definition of grocery in English:
noun (plural groceries)(also grocery store)
1A grocer’s store or business.
- It started in the grocery business because shops were charging too much for food.
- Before this he had worked at the family business - a grocery shop on Girlington Road.
- If he went out somewhere, like the barber shop or the grocery store, I always went with him.
1.1 (groceries) Items of food sold in a grocery store.
- He opened a general store in Union St, selling groceries and supplies to the gold diggers.
- Rob had all the ingredients, thanks to our weekly grocery shopping we did together.
- He bought the cheapest groceries and he thought it didn't matter.
Words that rhyme with grocerygreengrocery
Definition of grocery in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia