- Any of a number of beetles that live mainly on or near the ground, in particular a fast-running predatory beetle of the family Carabidae.More example sentences
- Another aspect of control is to protect natural mosquito predators such as dragonflies, ants, ground beetles, spiders, water striders, frogs and snails.
- Many insects, such as ground beetles, hoverflies and ladybirds, can keep pests under control - but not if they've been destroyed by chemical sprays.
- Various beetles such as firefly larvae and ground beetles feed on slugs.
More definitions of ground beetleDefinition of ground beetle in:
- The British & World English dictionary