Definition of ground cherry in English:
An American plant of the nightshade family that resembles the cape gooseberry.
- Genus Physalis, family Solanaceae: several species, in particular P. pruinosa, which yields edible fruit
- Though we never plant a full row, and they never produce many fruits, we keep growing cape gooseberries, which resemble overgrown ground cherries.
- I try a citrus-accented ground cherry that comes in its own papery wrapper.
- Add ground cherries and boil hard another ten to fifteen minutes until as thick as desired.
Definition of ground cherry in:
- British & World English dictionary