Definition of ground cherry in English:
An American plant of the nightshade family that resembles the cape gooseberry.
- Genus Physalis, family Solanaceae: several species, in particular P. pruinosa, which yields edible fruit
- Though we never plant a full row, and they never produce many fruits, we keep growing cape gooseberries, which resemble overgrown ground cherries.
- I try a citrus-accented ground cherry that comes in its own papery wrapper.
- Add ground cherries and boil hard another ten to fifteen minutes until as thick as desired.
Definition of ground cherry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan