- Low-growing, spreading plants that help to stop weeds from growing.More example sentences
- Low growing ground-cover plants can form loose rounded clumps that look like waves, while, in contrast loose billowing grasses can arch skyward, dancing in the breeze to create movement in an otherwise static spot.
- An established clump of hellebores will cover a patch of ground quite effectively, but the plants spread so slowly and are so expensive that they can't be rightly classed among classic ground-cover plants.
- Within the 30-foot zone, use fire-resistant landscaping such as lawns, moist ground-cover plantings and low shrubbery.
More definitions of ground coverDefinition of ground cover in:
- The British & World English dictionary