Definition of ground dove in English:
A small dove that spends much of its time on the ground, feeding and frequently nesting there.
- Columbina, Gallicolumba, and related genera, family Columbidae: several species, including the common ground dove (C. passerina) of North and Central America
- Other birds on the island include boobies, fairy terns, frigate birds, and a good-sized population of friendly ground doves, a species classed as internationally vulnerable.
- Around me was the tiny hoot of ground doves and the twittering of bananaquits.
- Miniature ground doves twittered along the sand, their heads pecking uncomfortably back and forth like clockwork gone haywire.
Definition of ground dove in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan