- 1Well balanced and sensible: the kids have money and a rock-star dad, but they seem groundedMore example sentences
- The poems are center-justified, which gives a grounded, balanced feeling to the text.
- All three stories are engaging, but the grounded reality of the latter stories overwhelms the folk tale, leaving it feeling like a tacked on intellectual conceit.
- A relatively small group of geographers have managed to develop original theoretical insights from their grounded studies of the Asian experience.
- 2(Of a pilot or an aircraft) prohibited or prevented from flying: you don’t taunt a grounded flier, especially after he’s had a few beersMore example sentences
- The grounded aircraft which costs around £300,000 a year to run relies entirely on public donations and operates on a month-by-month basis.
- A security alert was sparked at Glasgow airport yesterday after a grounded aircraft was set on fire.
- The Luftwaffe would have all of their fighters in the air early for the purpose of strafing Allied airfields and destroying all grounded aircraft.
- 2.1 • informal (Of a child being punished) not allowed to participate in social or recreational activities: the problem is, I’ve got more grounded friends than available friendsMore example sentences
- They figured it out about 4 years ago when they were both grounded.
More definitions of groundedDefinition of grounded in:
- The British & World English dictionary