Definition of grunter in English:
A fish that makes a grunting noise, especially when caught, in particular.
- ● A mainly marine fish of warm waters (family Theraponidae: several genera). ● another term for grunt (sense 4) of the noun)
- In the sometimes-translucent streams beneath us, we can see bream, catfish and grunters as well as pig-nosed turtles, thought, until recently, only to exist in Papua New Guinea.
- And then there were the dead fish, mostly grunter, leervis and silvies, I believe, caused apparently by a sudden drop in salinity as the whirlpools mixed fresh water with salty.
- The result was a 3kg grunter for their fry and a fish eagle having to look further afield for its meal.
Words that rhyme with grunterArunta, Bunter, chunter, Grantha, Gunter, hunter, junta, punter, shunter
Definition of grunter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.