Denoting a high-performance car with a fuel-injected engine: a Peugeot 205 GTi
More example sentences
- Where it is a definite winner is in its performance, designed to be appreciated by GTi car drivers.
- Only one engine gets the special GTi badge, a 2-litre 200 bhp FSi.
- It is a small car with cute looks, the first to wear the famous GTi badge, and its punchy pocket rocket engine producing 125 bhp is a real adrenaline gusher.
A high-performance car with a fuel-injected engine.
- You could argue that the sport of ram-raiding would never have come into existence without the GTi.
- The transverse layout and DSG gearbox of the GTi means the 4motion/quattro drive system can't be incorporated.
- Although the GTi is all about performance it is still relatively high in the economy stakes, returning a combined figure of 38.2mpg, generally down to its lightweight and aerodynamic shape.
Late 20th century: from GT + i for injection.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of GTi in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.