- 1A substance prepared from the seeds of a Brazilian shrub, used as a tonic or stimulant.More example sentences
- Plus, some herbal products billed as energy boosters or fat burners contain caffeine-rich herbs such as guarana or stimulants such as ephedra.
- Energy-boosting drinks may contain Ma Huang or guarana; both act as a stimulant and may increase heart rate and blood pressure.
- These products, available in health food stores or on the Internet, contain stimulants such as ephedra, caffeine, and guarana, with variable additions of common herbs or vitamins.
mid 19th century: from Tupi.
More definitions of guaranaDefinition of guarana in:
- The British & World English dictionary