1A small, edible, European freshwater fish, often used as bait by anglers.
- Gobio gobio, family Cyprinidae
- There are also rudd, bream, eels, gudgeon, crucian carp, tench, minnows, perch, sticklebacks, the odd trout, pike and barbel present.
- There were very large numbers of gudgeon, roach, dace, chub and skimmer bream stranded in the field following the floodbank breaching and whilst this resulted in some deaths, a large number were returned to the river.
- By the time he was ten, exactly 50 years ago, he had proper tackle and had graduated to fishing the River Aire which teamed with fish: trout, roach, chub and gudgeon, all species which thrive in fast flowing, clean waters.
Words that rhyme with gudgeonbludgeon, curmudgeon, dudgeon, trudgen
1.3A pin holding two blocks of stone together.
- Five or six head staves are fitted together with wooden dowels or stainless steel gudgeons (headless nails).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.