Definition of guenon in English:
An African monkey found mainly in forests, with a long tail and typically a brightly colored coat. The male is much larger than the female.
- Genus Cercopithecus, family Cercopithecidae: several species, including the vervet, mona, and Diana monkeys
- Putty-nosed monkeys belong to a group of African monkeys called guenons.
- We focused on the vocal behavior of the adult male because other studies have shown that adult male guenons produce predator-specific alarm calls in response to eagles and leopards.
- Two indels were present in exons: a five amino acid deletion in exon 9 was present in humans and apes, and a single amino acid deletion in exon 14 occurred in cercopithecine Old World monkeys (macaque and guenon).
mid 19th century: from French, of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with guenonaide-de-camp, aides-de-camp, anon, Asunción, au courant, begone, Bonn, bon vivant, Caen, Canton, Carcassonne, Ceylon, chaconne, chateaubriand, ci-devant, Colón, colon, Concepción, con (US conn), cretonne, don, Duchamp, Evonne, foregone, fromage blanc, Gabon, Garonne, gone, hereupon, Inchon, Jean, john, Jon, Le Mans, León, Luzon, Mont Blanc, Narbonne, odds-on, on, outgone, outshone, Perón, phon, piñon, Pinot Blanc, plafond, Ramón, Saigon, Saint-Saëns, Sand, Schwann, scone, shone, side-on, sine qua non, Sorbonne, spot-on, swan, thereon, thereupon, ton, Toulon, undergone, upon, Villon, wan, whereon, whereupon, won, wonton, yon, Yvonne
Definition of guenon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan