Pronunciation: /ˈgestəmit /
- An estimate based on a mixture of guesswork and calculation.More example sentences
- Based on guesstimates of the likely renewed whale stock, this could mean Norway raising its annual catch from 550 minkes to 2,000, and possibly extending the hunting to other species.
- Finally, I'm doing the guesstimates based on what I believe will be reported on a couple of these films.
- The gross city product, for one thing, is not some precise state or federal government statistic, but a rough, inexact index of economic activity, a sort of guesstimate built upon multiple other guesstimates.
Pronunciation: /ˈgestəˌmāt /[with object] Back to top
- Form an estimate of based on guesswork and calculation: the task is to guesstimate the total voteMore example sentences
- He was born in 1855, so, by roughly guestimating his age in the picture, I'd say that it was taken in about 1890.
- Organisers guesstimated some 4,400 were in attendance.
- In 1997 the illegal pool of guns available to criminals was guesstimated at somewhere between 10,000 and 25,000.
More definitions of guesstimateDefinition of guesstimate in:
- The British & World English dictionary