verb (guest-edits, guest-editing, guest-edited)[with object]
Be invited to choose material for a single issue or broadcast of (a newspaper, magazine, or television program): it has been an incredible honor to guest-edit this issue
More example sentences
- We get experts to guest edit special issues.
- I want to thank you again for the wonderful opportunity to guest edit this magazine.
- She had hoped to guest-edit the Today programme over Christmas, but was dropped in favour of Colin Firth.
guest editor noun
- Example sentences
- He authorized production of six special issues on contemporary themes from a distinguished group of guest editors.
- A new team of guest editors is set to take over the Today programme over the festive season.
- Authors with an interest in preparing a submission for this special issue are encouraged to contact the guest editor at the earliest convenience.
Definition of guest-edit in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.