- A rope used to guide the movement of the load of a crane.More example sentences
- He also invented the tail rope system which Poe describes in this tale, to conserve more gas by lifting or lowering the guide rope accordingly.
- There was a tense moment when a sharp snapping sound rang through Ready but it was only one of the guide ropes that guided the steel hawser back onto the drum giving way.
- On each cage, there are bolted ‘shoes’ that surround the guide ropes and thus allow the cage to slide up and down the shaft.
More definitions of guide ropeDefinition of guide rope in:
- The British & World English dictionary