Definition of guinea fowl in English:
noun (plural same)
A large African game bird with slate-colored, white-spotted plumage and a loud call. It is sometimes domesticated.
- Family Numididae (or Phasianidae): several genera and species, e.g., the helmeted guineafowl (Numida meleagris)
- It has a restful, out-of-the-way atmosphere and is named after the flocks of guineafowl that frequent the nearby field.
- The top photo is of a Pearl or ‘wild type’ guineafowl with black and white spotted feathers.
- Though primarily found in rainforests, some guineafowl live in open-country habitats other than the desert, such as grasslands and plains with thickets and brush.
Definition of guinea fowl in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan