(also gulper eel)
Definition of gulper in English:
A deep-sea eel with very large jaws that open to give an enormous gape and with eyes near the tip of the snout.
- Order Saccopharyngiformes: several families
- A hairy angler the size of my fist starts worrying at the meat of my calf and I can sense a giant gulper eel on its way over for a taste of delicious old me.
- Nearly all mouth and tail, the gulper eel also scavenges in the depths.
- Their names say everything - dragon fish, devilfish, viper fish, gulper eels, blacktail netdevils, ghost sharks.
Words that rhyme with gulperkalpa, pulper
Definition of gulper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.