- A tree that exudes gum, especially a eucalyptus.More example sentences
- Only in Australia are two genera, Eucalyptus and Acacia - more familiarly, the gum tree and the wattle - able to dominate a continent.
- This brings us to the gum tree, or more specifically, to Eucalyptus globulus, grown widely as a source of wood-pulp.
- Neighbour Ian Kinny, whose memorial garden along with a gum tree, bottlebrush and shrubs were destroyed, described the impact of the attack as ‘extremely cruel’.
More definitions of gum treeDefinition of gum tree in:
- The British & World English dictionary