Definition of gunnera in English:
A South American plant that has extremely large leaves resembling rhubarb and that is grown as a waterside ornamental.
- Genus Gunnera, family Gunneraceae: several species, in particular G. manicata and G. tinctoria
- The banks are high with wild orchid, gunnera and water lily.
- The big leaves of a squash plant are just as striking as the similar leaves of gunnera, a perennial much prized by lovers of bold style.
- In spring, the stars of the Secret Garden are camellias, magnolias and the lushest of bog gardens crammed with skunk lilies and gunnera.
Modern Latin, named after Johann E. Gunnerus (1718–73), Norwegian botanist.
Words that rhyme with gunneraTanagra • genera
Definition of gunnera in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan