- An airplane or a helicopter heavily armed with machine guns or with machine guns and cannon, providing air support for ground troops in combat.More example sentences
- Army helicopter gunships and MiG fighter planes lead the attacks but cannot distinguish between hardened officers and fresh abductees.
- Just beyond the camp is a large airfield where dozens of helicopter gunships and MiG fighter jets are protected by concrete bomb shelters.
- They were supplied with weapons and air support from helicopter gunships and Antonov bombers.
More definitions of gunshipDefinition of gunship in:
- The British & World English dictionary