- A Sikh place of worship.More example sentences
- Whether it is an Islamic mosque, a Hindu or Buddhist temple, a Sikh gurdwara or a Catholic church, places of worship are crucial in bringing together new immigrants scattered throughout the region.
- The Community Relations program area is also responsible for coalition building with likeminded organizations and gurdwaras, the Sikh houses of worship.
- Like the Hindu temples and the Sikh gurdwaras, the mosque as an architectural type, despite centuries of evolution, is a novelty in North America.
from Punjabi gurduārā, from Sanskrit guru 'teacher' + dvāra 'door'.
More definitions of gurdwaraDefinition of gurdwara in:
- The British & World English dictionary