noun (plural gustos or gustoes)
- 1Enjoyment or vigor in doing something; zest: she sang it with gustoMore example sentences
- He appeared completely recovered as he slid into his seat with a smile and ate his large breakfast with gusto.
- I taped the liturgy, played the tape in the car, and sang along with gusto.
- In the musical numbers soloists and chorus sang with gusto.
- 1.1 [in singular] • archaic A relish or liking: he had a particular gusto for those sort of performancesMore example sentences
- He had a grand gusto for the society he liked.
- 2 • archaic Style of artistic execution.More example sentences
- We should think that in the gusto of form and a noble freedom of outline, Michael Angelo could hardly have surpassed this figure.
early 17th century: from Italian, from Latin gustus 'taste'.