- another term for intestinal flora.More example sentences
- However, their role in the pathogenesis of diarrhoea is still debated because most of them are considered to be usual commensal bacteria of the gut flora.
- They are immunomodulating bacteria that have very low virulence compared with the more pathogenic gut flora such as Escherichia coli and clostridia.
- The authors aren't sure how, but it's possible that rifaximin stays in the small bowel, killing pathogens, without affecting gut flora further down.
More definitions of gut floraDefinition of gut flora in:
- The British & World English dictionary